We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients' support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. for Medical and Surgical Units
Specialized units have individualized restrictions.
Behavioral Health Unit:
Monday - Friday 12:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)/ Critical Care Unit (CCU):
8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. Only two visitors per patient.
For the comfort of your loved ones, visitor lounges are located on each unit. It is a good place to relax while patients are undergoing treatment or being examined. See the Patient/Visitor Guide located in each visitor lounge.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the room at the time of treatment or nursing care.
- We request visitors to keep visits brief.
- Visitors should use the main entrance of the hospital to enter and exit.
- Visitors with cold, flu or other contagious diseases should refrain from visiting patients.
- Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing food or gifts to the patient's room because the patient may be on a special diet.
- Children under 13 may visit at the discretion of the charge nurse.
- Visitors report to nurse's station for instructions before entering Isolation Rooms.
- Special requests by patients for clergy visits are honored at any time.
- Any patient in custody of the law has an officer in attendance at all times.
Questions? Please call us at (714) 827-3000